A Complete Guide to ECDIS is an indispensable resource for those contemplating ECDIS carriage, either by choice or in order to comply with IMO mandatory requirements.
At its 86th session from May 26 to June 5 2009, the IMO’s Maritime Safety Committee approved new regulations making the carriage of ECDIS mandatory. The resulting amendments to SOLAS Chapter V regulation 19.2 require ships engaged on international voyages to be fitted with ECDIS. These regulations come into force over a 6 year period from July 2012, in stages depending on the vessel type.
Now in its fourth year of publication the ECDIS supplement is published in travel size for convenience and ease of reference. It covers a range of topics including:
• understanding ECDIS – a complex subject explained
• human element – ECDIS can only deliver its potential when properly employed
• perceptions – valuable messages from those with direct experience of ECDIS
• training – in depth look at current and future requirements
• facts and figures – including assessment of regulations
• solutions – the commercial side
• a comprehensive directory of equipment and service suppliers.
A Complete Guide to ECDIS is only available as part of a subscription to Marine Electronics & Communications.
To purchase a subscription please click here or contact:
t: +44 20 8370 7018
For further information regarding advertising contact:
t: +44 20 8370 7793