Carnival Sunrise completes US$200M upgrade in fleet-wide initiative
03 May 2019by Rebecca Moore
Carnival Sunrise has been transformed, with many new food, beverage and entertainment venues added
The refurbishment project took place in Cadiz, Spain and transformed the existing Carnival Triumph to the newly renamed Carnival Sunrise. The project involved many new food, beverage and entertainment venues.
The newly renovated ship has made its debut at Norfolk’s Decker Half Moone Cruise Center.
“The introduction of Carnival Sunrise brings an incredibly enhanced ship to our guests with all of the popular features from across our fleet,” said Carnival Cruise Line president Christine Duffy. “We couldn’t be more proud to introduce Carnival Sunrise in Norfolk.”
Part of a fleet-wide US$2Bn ship enhancement programme, Carnival Sunrise now includes features, such as:
- Poolside venues Guy’s Burger Joint and Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse, BlueIguana Cantina & Tequila Bar, RedFrog Rum Bar, upgrades to the Lido Marketplace, an expanded ice cream station, the Java Blue coffee bar and 24-hour Pizzeria del Capitano.
- The Chef’s Table fine dining experience, the cocktail pharmacy-themed Alchemy Bar, Italian, sushi and seafood options.
- A Cherry on Top sweet shop, Pixels photo gallery, expanded retail outlets and renovated fitness and spa facilities.
- A new water park with slides and a kids splash zone, a Serenity adults-only retreat, and a SportSquare recreation area with ropes course and mini golf.
- Two redesigned Captain’s suites and updates to all staterooms.