Geo-data provider Fugro has secured a marine survey contract from Inpex Masela, Ltd (INPEX), a subsidiary of Japan’s Inpex Corp, for the Abadi LNG project in Indonesia
Under the contract, Fugro will perform geophysical and geotechnical surveys and the associated studies needed to support front-end engineering design (FEED) for offshore production facilities and the submarine pipeline to the onshore LNG terminal. Geo-data will be acquired using Fugro’s deepwater autonomous underwater vehicle Echo Surveyor and their robotic seafloor drill, Seafloor Drill 2, deployed from Indonesian support vessels.
Originally proposed as a floating LNG vessel-based project, the Abadi LNG project will use an onshore LNG development scheme that Inpex, as the operator, is preparing for development in partnership with Shell in Masela block, offshore Indonesia. The project will produce a total output of natural gas (LNG equivalent) of 10.5 mta and up to approximately 35,000 barrels of condensate per day.
Fugro’s business line director, Asia Pacific region Jerry Paisley said the company’s geo-data expertise was “particularly valid for the development of the Abadi LNG project, where overcoming engineering challenges including slope stability, regional seismicity, subsea faulting and carbonate sediments will require a collaborative and informed approach at each stage of the geo-data acquisition, analysis and advice.”
Inpex Masela controls a 65% interest in the project and Shell the remaining 35% stake.
In February, Inpex Masela signed memorandums of understanding with PT PLN and with PT Pupuk Indonesia, each concerning the long-term domestic LNG and pipeline natural gas supply from the Abadi LNG Project.
Discussions are underway regarding sales and purchase agreements for the long-term LNG and natural gas supply from the project including LNG to natural gas-fired power plants operated by PLN and natural gas of as much as 150M standard cubic feet per day to a co-production plant, which Pupuk Indonesia plans to construct.
Riviera’s LNG Bunkering & Refuelling Conference, Americas will deliver everything you need to know about LNG bunkering and refuelling off the east coast of America. The conference connects LNG businesses, with tailored networking, culminating in a technical visit to the Jaxport bunkering facility on 20 May 2020 in Jacksonville. Book your ticket now