Small-scale LNG (ssLNG) supplier Avenir LNG has completed the bunkering of Avenir Accolade by its sister ship Avenir Advantage in Pasir Gudang, Malaysia on 26 April 2021
Both ships are 7,500 m3, dual-purpose, LNG supply and bunkering vessels (LNGBVs). Avenir Accolade undertook the operation while passing through Malaysia on its maiden voyage to deliver the commissioning cargo to Avenir’s new ssLNG Higas LNG terminal in Sardinia, Italy.
Operating under a three-year charter by Petronas LNG, Avenir Advantage supplies LNG to fuel ships operating in Malaysia, while also delivering cargoes directly to small-scale customers in the region.
Built by Keppel Offshore & Marine’s Nantong Shipyard, Jiangsu Province, China, Malaysia-flagged Avenir Advantage and Avenir Accolade are dual-fuel (MGO and LNG) vessels, each with an overall length of 123.44 m, beam of 18.60 m and draught of 5.65 m, with two IMO Type C tanks with a total cargo capacity of 7,500 m3.
Propulsion is supplied by a single screw, with power delivered by a Wärtsilä 6L34DF main engine rated at 2,700 kW at 750 rpm.
Avenir LNG chief executive Peter Mackey said the company’s Higas terminal in Sardinia would welcome Avenir Accolade “in a few weeks’ time with the commissioning cargo on board, adding the company continues to make “significant strides” in executing its strategy.
Backed by industry heavyweights Stolt Nielsen, Höegh LNG and Golar LNG, Avenir LNG owns an 80% interest in the Higas LNG terminal, with local partners Gas & Heat and CPL Concordia equally splitting the remaining 20% stake. The terminal has a 20,000 m3 storage capacity, with two tanker truck loading bays to allow distribution of LNG on the island.
Riviera Maritime Media will provide free technical and operational webinars in 2021. Sign up to attend on our events page