Ship Recycling Webinar Week
Be sure to join us for Ship Recycling Webinar Week
Beginning Tuesday 15 September, we will be holding a series of daily webinars, each meticulously researched and addressing a topic of vital importance to the shipping industry. The webinars are designed to strike the right balance between transmission of key information and interaction with the expert panel assembled. Those who register will also receive copies of webinar materials post-event.
Our discussions are focused, cover the advertised subjects, and deliver registrants actionable insights.
How data reporting is transforming ship recycling
Date: Tuesday 15 September - Time: 09:00-09:45 BST
In association with:
Accelerating market forces and regulation mean owners and operators face ever greater scrutiny of their environmental, social and governmental approach to ship recycling. Proving compliance – to socially conscious investors, regulators and a vigilant media and public – places a new emphasis on meaningful data reporting.
Join us as we discuss
- Bringing transparency to an opaque industry
- Finance as a driver of change: the rise of ESG investing
- Why ship recycling is not just the last owner’s responsibility
- Data reporting from cradle to grave
- What greater scrutiny on supply chain practices means for ship recycling
- Trial and error: what’s working, what isn’t, what’s next
Andrew Stephens, Executive Director of the Sustainable Shipping Initiative/Ship Recycling Transparency Initiative, SSI
Dr. Anand M. Hiremath, Head, Research & Development, Lead Coordinator Responsible Ship Recycling, Global Marketing Systems (GMS) DMCC DUBAI
Henning Gramann, CEO, GSR Services
Reconciling the Hong Kong Convention and the European push for regulation
Date: Wednesday 16 September - Time: 09:00-09:45 BST
The Hong Kong convention was agreed in 2009, but is unlikely to come into force before the mid-2020s. A number of facilities in Asia have obtained certification stating they are operating in line with Hong Kong Convention standards, however EU-flagged vessels have to be recycled in approved yards and none of those are in southeast Asia. This reality severely challenges owner/operators of European-flagged tonnage to secure slots at yards with the capacity to meet their requirements. Our panellists will propose ways of resolving this impasse and better serving the owner, the industry and the environment.
Join us as we discuss
- How to raise average standards
- Prospects for a global standard
- EU legislation: a top-down push that will bring a bottom-up change
- Beaching of vessels: a necessary practice that won’t disappear overnight
- Certification: nothing more than a spot check?
- Why reflagging when recycling shows no signs of flagging
Reinoud Pijpers, Director, ISRA
Nikolas Panagakis, Owner and Founder, Nick Environmental Services
Peter Glover, Partner / Master Mariner, Reed Smith Richards Butler
Meeting the IHM deadline against the backdrop of COVID-19
Date: Thursday 17 September - Time: 09:00-09:45 BST
This webinar will assess what’s needed to meet the EU requirement that any vessel calling at an EU port have an Inventory of Hazardous Materials (IHM) Certificate onboard by the end of the year. It will also consider the prospect that there be a time-limited implementation or grace period to enable shipping companies to comply.
Join us and learn
- How COVID-19 has impacted IHM preparations
- Whether there are enough HAZMAT experts to meet the deadline
- Uncorking bottlenecks: overcoming pain points
- Whether there will be a relaxation of the deadline
- The real challenge is not compliance: it’s the supply chain
Vangelis Moutafis, Maritime Operations Specialist, IRI/The Marshall Islands Registry
Capt. Deepak Gupta, Head of Marine / DDPA / DCSO, Interorient Marine Services
Yuvraj Thakur, IHM General Manager, Verifavia Shipping
A confirmation email will be sent after registration. A reminder will be sent with your access details no later than 72 hours before the events date and a further reminder will be sent 1 hour before the webinar is due to begin.
- During the webinar the identity of the attendees is confidential
- All attendees join the webinar with their microphone off
- We encourage questions to be sent during the webinar, the Moderator will raise these to the expert presenters
- A recording of the Webinar will be accessible at www.rivieramm.com/webinar-library following the live event taking place.