Marine Propulsion Webinar Week
Marine Propulsion Webinar Week, be sure to join us
Beginning Tuesday 29 September, we will be holding a series of daily webinars, each meticulously researched and organised in response to a marine propulsion challenge, headache or opportunity. The webinars are designed to strike the right balance between transmission of key information and interaction with the expert panel assembled. Those who register will also receive copies of webinar materials post event.
Our discussions are focused, cover the advertised subjects, and deliver registrants actionable insights.
Should you wish to join one of our expert panels, please contact Rob Gore.
Engine design and operation for emission compliance: today and tomorrow
Date: Tuesday 29 September - Time: 09:00-09:45 BST
Vessel owners and operators must meet stringent emissions legislation against the tightest of deadlines. This webinar will cut through the spin to examine the options available from cost, compliance and operational perspectives.
Join us as we consider
- The regulatory pipeline: what every operator needs to know
- How engines can be prepared for upcoming regulation
- The relationship between fuel and lubricant choice and an engine’s environmental performance
- Proving environmental conformance in the age of COVID-19
- Operator case studies: lessons learned on the pathway to compliance
- OEM case studies: retrofit, renew or replace
- Financial evaluation: balancing budget, compliance and cost
Caroline Huot, Senior Vice President Shipmanagement, Delta Corp Shipping
Steve Walker, Global Marine Equipment Builder Manager, ExxonMobil
Kjeld Aabo, Director New Technologies 2 Stroke Promotion Department, MAN Energy Solutions
Volkmar Galke, Director, Global Sales, WinGD
Enhanced turbocharger care from drydock-to-drydock
Date: Wednesday 30 September - Time: 09:00-09:45 BST
This webinar will detail how operators can bring financial and operational predictability to the running of their turbochargers.
Join us as we consider
- How data reporting is transforming monitoring and maintenance
- The link between fuel and lubricant selection and turbocharger performance and component wear
- Fixed costs drydock-to-drydock: fact or fiction
- Mitigating surging. Oil leakage. Material defects
- Evergreen service agreements: assessing their true value
Irina Lang, Global Product Manager Service, ABB Turbocharging
Andrew Madge, Vessel Manager, Wilhelmsen Ship Management UK
Alternative propulsion systems: the selection conundrum
Date: Thursday 1 October - Time: 09:00-9:45 BST
Driven by the need to save fuel, reduce emissions, minimise maintenance and provide operational flexibility, shipowners are faced with an almost bewildering array of options when it comes to selecting the most suitable propulsion solution for their vessels. This webinar analyses three very different technologies – waterjets, podded propulsors and thrusters – to provide shipowners with the critical information needed to make the right system selection.
Join us as we discuss
- Propulsion system designs: what’s new in waterjets, podded propulsors and thrusters
- How to assess the ‘best propulsion fit’ for your vessel operations
- Alternative approaches to meet alternative power demands
- Case study: implementing the right maintenance programme for your fleet operations
Jonas Nyberg, Managing Director - West Hemisphere, Berg Propulsion
Mikal Bøe, CEO, Core-Power
Göran Grunditz, Vice President Kongsberg Hydrodynamic Research Centre, Kongsberg Maritime
Drivetrain innovation: what’s new on the engine block?
Date: Friday 2 October - Time: 09:00-09:45 BST
How the drivetrain supply chain – from propeller to propulsor – is innovating to meet ship designer and operator requirements for optimised vessel performance at the right cost.
Join us as we discuss
- Breakthroughs: seals, bearings, couplings and dampers setting new benchmarks in performance
- Resolving problematic shaft alignment
- Case study: overcoming drivetrain issues through reduced vibration
- Achieving the goal of low or no maintenance
Torsten Philipp, Managing Director, Geislinger
Christoph Priestner, Manager Multi-Body and NVH Simulation, AVL
Marco Gordon, Area Sales Manager Europe & Africa - Shaft Line Repair Services, Wärtsilä Shaft Line Solutions
A confirmation email will be sent after registration. A reminder will be sent with your access details no later than 72 hours before the events date and a further reminder will be sent 1 hour before the webinar is due to begin.
- During the webinar the identity of the attendees is confidential
- All attendees join the webinar with their microphone off
- We encourage questions to be sent during the webinar, the Moderator will raise these to the expert presenters
- A recording of the Webinar will be accessible at www.rivieramm.com/webinar-library following the live event taking place.